The devs at Reiza Studios have just released a new version of their sim Stock Car Extreme bringing it up to 1.50.
This is a significant update for Reiza as it will be the first with executables compiled in-house rather then injected into the sim via external code as they had done before and as such you will find that for this build you will need to start over with a new Player Profile along with some other guidelines that are listed below.
- Current users MUST create a fresh player profile (delete the old one from \USERDATA) otherwise the game won´t launch;
- New users MUST note that GSC Config may not launch directly from Steam, which will result in a Crashdump – run it from game install folder:\SteamApps\common\Stock Car Extreme (will be fixed in a following update).
- After creating a fresh profile, make sure to double-check your driving aids & controller speed sensitivity to make sure they match what you had before;
- If you get a crash on startup, make sure you have installed the DX9.0C that comes with the game (by running \Support\DirectX\Install\DXSETUP.exe);
- If you do the above and still crashes, or if you get a black screen when escaping from a session, delete d3d9.dll from the game root folder;
- If you get a blank screen after hitting escape from the track, delete d3d9.dll from the game root folder;
- Since there are several new parameters for both cars and tracks, it is possible that some MODs will not work 100% and will need to be updated to use the new features.
This update also introduces officially the Lancer Cup cars and Velo Citta track that the beta builds have been testing for a while. To find out more about the changes in this build please check out the change log below.
Main changelog for v1.50:
- Adds Mitsubishi Lancer Cup Series (Lancer R & RS models, recommended to run with TC & ABS on low as per the real car)
- Adds Velo Cittá Circuit (2 layouts);
Features & Fixes:
- Added support to 6 USB controller devices (increasing the previous limit of 3);
- Added sensitivity & deadzone sliders for up to 6 controller inputs in CONTROLLER 3 menu;
- Added feature to automatically adjust Steering Rotation for each vehicle so use no longer needs to exit game and manually adjust controller rotation (see recommendations above);
- Added option to adjust steering rotation in garage menu & adjusted default steering lock settings to provide a suitable default steering ratio for all cars (Custom Steer Rotation must be set to NO in controller menu);
- Added option to map commands for adjusting anti-roll bars from in-car (for the cars that have the option: Stock Car V8, Super V8, F-Extreme, F-Reiza, F-3, F-V12, F-Classic )
- Added option to map commands for adjusting Vertical FOV from in-car;
- Added support for 24h race length;
- Added Stock V8 rule which restricts tire stops to one tire change at a time;
- Tweaked AI to perform less strategical mistakes (such as pitting in the last lap);
- Rewritten all car classes from the previous standard “ReizaXX” to a nomenclature that better represents their respective series;
- Introduced native support to 9-speed gearboxes & fixed bug which would lead to F-Extreme occasionally disappearing when hitting 8th gear in a multiplayer section;
- AI drivers now use 8th gear & DRS;
- Added “Opponents Filter” option to quick race menu (for multiclass racing)
- Replaced AI aggression UI slider with a set of presets low-to-max (max being 50% agression in old currency to prevent AI misbehavior in overly agressive settings);
- Fixed bug with other cars occasionally “inheriting” 8 gears, DRS functionality from F-Extreme
- Fixed championship scoring bug;
- Fixed grid position setting when qualifying is disabled;
- Fixed performance issues with the SuperV8;
- Revised pit menu rules & pitstop timing for all series;
- Fixed bug with AI behavior being over agressive with the throttle on corner exit leading to occasionally losing control;
- Revised AI performance for all cars (balancing for consistency from car to car, track to track, session to session);
- Updated ambient, curb, road & grass roll noise for all cars;
- Revised aero & tire physics in all cars;
- Revised realfeel values to reduce FFB clipping;
- Tweaked alpha channels in skins from Metalmoro MR18, Opala86, SuperV8, StockV8 series to reduce excessive shiny look;
- Minor graphical optimization;
- Fixed bug with Safety Car entering the pits in Curitiba Oval;
- Fixed behavior of driver labels.
- Minimap is now toggled with CTRL+M (no longer NumPad0)
For me one of the stand out features is the USB limit being raised to 6 devices which means i no longer need to un plug my button box to use my shifter !
So far the mods i have been running with older versions have been working fine but please beware the odd one might have issues if you update to version 1.50 due to big changes to the core sim files.
To find out all the details of this new build please check out their forums over at race department – HERE
To download Stock Car Extreme on Steam please – CLICK HERE