Today Sector3 Studios released a big 3 GIG update to their RaceRoom Racing Experience sim.
As it stands its only a sim update and bug fix patch but its laying the ground work ready for the new Audi TT cup car and possibly something so far unannounced.
So onto the change log which i have posted below. Some of the interesting points are the updates to the AI.
– Added new content that will be released very soon.
Implemented Refuelling in pitstops. This is still work in progress and there will be additional fuel options in car setup later. For now all cars will start with full tank.
– Increased session length up to 6 hours.(R3E only. Does not apply to other experiences.) Please note the replay file size will be rather big on longer session races. You can disable replay recording by adding “-disableReplay” to Launch Options for the game on Steam.
– Added Push-to-Pass logic with a temporary HUD element for it. (HUD will be changed in the near future). Push-to-Pass info is available for spectator overlays and in shared memory.
– Removed the hidden fuel and wear multipliers that were automatically applied depending on race length in R3E.
– Added mandatory pitstop, tyre wear and fuel use options to R3E single player races.
– Fixed a crash that was occurring when car status hud was getting disabled.
– Fixed Mandatory pitstop not counting for player on certain experiences.
– Fixed issue with window values getting wrong if window was minimized, which caused hud objects to appear incorrect.
– Fixed a couple of memory leaks.
– Fixed background video being stretched to right monitor on triple screen setups.
– DTM 2013 – Fixed an issue with 4th round of qualifying ending after the outlap and ending the session with no qualifying time.
– DTM 2014 – Fixed mandatory pitstop not counting for the player.
– Fixed an AI related crash that could have occurred while updating certain events.
– Fixed an issue where the menu would show two “End Session” buttons after returning to Garage from Pause menu after session time has run out.
– Fixed car setup screen blinking red when using non English languages.
– Tweaked AI to improve AI starts on grid.
– Fixed an endless loading issue that could occur on slow connections that would timeout mid loading.
– Increased default connection timeout to 30 seconds.
– Removed a double call to set a connection related option (TCP_NODELAY) for server-client tcp socket.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:
– A.I. logic improvements. More racy, less hesitant to overtaking, handles crashes better; AI’s now try and avoid cars even when collisions are disabled.
– Improved AI behaviour coming into sharp corners and pitstop area, and various other small fixes.
– Improved AI logic for the chosen gear when player regains control from AI.
– Tweaked AI speed on 2nd hairpin of Norisring.
– Tweaked AI speed on 2nd turn of Oschersleben.
– Tweaked Bathurst AI behaviour.
– Tweaked Monza AI behaviour and merged cut corridors for all difficulty levels.
– Nurburgring: Fixed “empty pitboxes” problem where AI couldnt perform pitstops
– Redbull Ring: Fixed “empty pitboxes” problem where AI couldnt perform pitstops.
– Lausitzring: Fixed “empty” pitboxes and merged cut corridors for all difficulty levels.
– Hockenheim: Fixed “empty” pitboxes and tweaked AI behavior in turn 1.
– Updated single screen chasecam positions for all cars
– Added missing action cameras for RUF RT12R (GTR3)
– Increased FFB strength for Prototype and Radical cars
– Mid Ohio – Fixed some flickering banners.
– Nurburgring – Fixed mixed advertisement banners.
– Paul Ricard – Tweaked distant terrain texture
– Zolder – Reduced bumpiness of the track, fixed some flickers in turn 10.
– Monza – Updated curbstones to current design, lowered some rounded curbs, and various tweaks
– Hockenheim – Curbs tweaked and adjusted to match drivers feedback. Gravel texture update. Oil bottle on top of pitbuilding now has new sponsor.
– Bathurst – Small tweaks
– Suzuka – Removed an abandoned truck in pitlane
– Fixed Aquila car shadows.
– Fixed flickering labels in Nissan GT-R GT3 cockpit
Portal & Backend Systems:
– Fixed certain content returning error 20103 when trying to use them.
– Fixed leaderboard challenge launch function checking whether the player owns the livery instead of the car.
– Fixed newsletter subscription option not saving in Account Settings.
To find R3E on Steam please – CLICK HERE