Well thats it Dirt Rally has hit that magic target of reaching version 1.0 and finally coming out of early access and what a way to celebrate this milestone with the release of the winter wonderland pack.
This gives us a whole new rally set in the snow and ice of the Varmland region of Sweden to master, if thats ever possible with this sim and two new cars in the form of,
VW Polo Rally Car,
and the Hyundai Rally car,
and as always there some core sim updates also added to help bring this title up to version 1.0,
Here’s the run down of other stuff that’s new this month:
- You can now tune your immersion levels by customising your OSD options, choosing between On, Countdowns Only and Off.
- The Logitech G29 wheel is now correctly listed in the controller preset menu.
- Custom Championships now reward you with the correct number of credits.
- There’s a new EULA to sign when you boot the game, which asks you to kindly behave yourself when you’re playing with others.
- Your favourite pet mouse has learnt a new trick, and can now change the livery on your car.
- If you own an Owner’s Club event, you will now correctly own the Owned achievement.
- If you pledge a wedge to an online Wager Event and the event ends while you’re on stage, we’ll give you your CR back.
- Your Oculus Rift can now be toggled to lock the horizontal orientation. Look for a flag in the hardware configuration file.
- Sliders on the Advanced Racing Wheel Options screen now increment at the same rate as the Steering and Pedal calibration screen.
- Your Service Crews are back from their training course and will now correctly setup your car for multi-location events.
- Stopped one set of Rallycross results from appearing on a Rally leaderboard.
- You no longer need to hold the headlight control to activate your lights. You can now just tap that.
- Windows accounts with accented and non-latin characters will now correctly save game settings.
- Fixed a weird bug where the camera would briefly flick back to the default position at the start of a stage after customising the seat position.
- @Kick_Up will now politely and calmly inform you if your wheels fall off, and if you’re going the wrong way.
Also this version of this sim sees the implementation of the Steam Workshop for car setups.
To find this great rally sim on Steam – CLICK HERE