RSR, Radiator Springs Racing, have just released their latest mod for Assetto Corsa the open wheeled Formula 3 car.
This car has been in the making for well over a year and has been built using input from a real F3 driver Tristan Cliffe and his team Omicron Motorsport.
The main features in the RSR Formula 3 are :
– Realistic physics, based entirely on real life data, verified with telemetry and driver feedback. Same laser scanned track, same car, same setup, same driver.
– Suspension and dampers modelled in details, after measuring them on the real car.
– full analysis on suspension geometry and dynamics (Roll Centers, Anti Squat, Anti Dive, KPI, Caster, Tyre Offset,Scrub Radius, Springs and Damper Rates, Critical Damping, Suspension Travel and so on)
– Fully spec’d aerodynamics. Advanced mathematical model created to fit with minimal loss of information, the complex aero measurements into AC aerodynamics model.
– the model is taking into account also wings interactions (disturbance of the front wing angle on the efficiency of the rear wing).
Since it’s not possible at the moment to model this in a dynamic way (hopefully in pipeline at KS), the mathematical model I’ve worked on, it is tuned to get realistic aero balance altering wings. Optimal results on commonly used wing angles.
– Front Spitter, underbody and Diffuser stalling at realistic height
– Tyres modelled in detail. Tire wear tuned with the help of the driver, tyre grip from official tyre manufacturer data. Dependency on pressure, temperature, real tyre rates and so on.
– 3 different tyre compounds. The only real one is the AVON Medium tyre, the other tyres are created with plausible modification from the official one.
– Engine tuned with realistic drive train loss. Fuel consumption tuned with real measurements.
– Setup screen based purely on real values. Real gear ratios, wings modifications, suspension/damper settings, min/max values adjusted to real values.
– Brakes calculations to match real values
– Throttle position from measurements
– Gearbox timing tuned with telemetry data
– Scratch made 3d Model
– Working Steering Wheel display with realtime information
– Working rain light (enable it by turning on the lights)
– Animated suspensions with detailed suspension geometry
– Custom made driver animations
– 3D Damage model
To find out more about the team of modders behind this massive project and to download the latest version please – CLICK HERE – to visit the RSR website.
There is also a skin pack to go with this mod and that can be found over at the Race Department website – HERE